SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIALS
CCSM is proud to offer several scholarship opportunities for students including:
- The Equitable Outcome Scholarship Fund – This scholarship is made possible by the Davis family, and numerous individual scholarships for Direct-Entry Program students
- Serena Foundation Scholarship – This scholarship is made possible by the Serena Foundation for Direct-Entry Program students
- Hattie A. Spann-Goode Black Midwife Pay-it-Forward Award – for BIPOC 3rd-year midwifery students
- Midwife of Color Assistance Sponsorship Program – for certification & licensure fees for CCSM graduate students
There are a wide variety of scholarships available online and we encourage you to research scholarships that you qualify for and apply.
Please note that outside scholarships may have deadlines and/or cutoff dates, and thus may not be readily available. CCSM encourages students to mark scholarship application periods on their calendars so as not to miss out on these opportunities.
- The Perfect Push Foundation Scholarship
- Melanated Midwives Scholarship
- National Association to Advance Black Birth
- The Tanya Knemet Taiwo Midwifery Student Scholarship Fund
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Nonkululeko Tyehemba Midwifery Scholarship
CCSM offers monthly and trimester payment plans for students. Typically payments for these plans are $750 and $3000 respectively. Each student’s plan is individually created for them based on their down payment and transfer credits. These payment plans are offered with 0% interest financing.
Sharing your journey with family, friends, and colleagues can be a great way to help raise funds for your education. There are so many amazing options available including:
We encourage you to set up your own page on one, or more, of these sites.
Students may seek personal loans from a bank or local credit union. If students need any documentation of acceptance or enrollment to help in their application process, we are happy to provide them.
At this time we do not participate in federal financial aid programs.
Ready to Apply?
Start your midwifery journey with one of our midwifery programs
Why Choose Commonsense Childbirth School of Midwifery?
Dedication to Diversity
CCSM believes that exposure to diversity will best prepare our students to serve all birthing people and families. Because of our strong commitment to equity and social justice, the school promotes non-discrimination in all its facets.
Unrivaled Educational Philosophy
We are dedicated to educating student midwives in the ancient art and modern science of midwifery practice. We believe that any student wanting to reach their goal will be able to benefit from the education CCSM offers.
Commonsense Childbirth School of Midwifery was granted institutional accreditation by the Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC) on July 8, 2020.
Over 40 Years Experience
Commonsense Childbirth School of Midwifery founder Jennie Joseph brings over 40 years experience with the results to match.